Triratna Model Safeguarding Policies and Ethical Guidelines 2021On Thu, 11 March, 2021 - 09:55
Here are the Triratna Model Safeguarding policies and Ethical Guidelines 2021, which replace any model documents not dated 2021 - as well as two updated guidance documents.
Triratna Model Safeguarding Policies and Ethical Guidelines 2021
- Triratna worldwide general advice on Safeguarding 2021 (These are introductory notes, not a policy.)
- The Triratna Model Child Protection policy 2021
- The Triratna Model Child Protection Code of Conduct 2021
- The Triratna Model Safeguarding Adults Policy 2021
- The Triratna Model Ethical Guidelines 2021
These model documents are public. Once you have updated your own policies (and your council has adopted them) it’s a good idea to put them on your website, perhaps under the heading ‘About us’, or ‘Our values’.
There are two versions of documents no. 2, 3, 4 and 5:
- One in pdf, marked in yellow to indicate where changes have been made or new material has been added, to help you when amending your existing documents.
- One editable copy in Word
Any changes reflect new regulatory requirements or changes to law or best practice in England and Wales, better understanding or new queries from centres in the past year. (The 2020 documents were externally audited by our Safeguarding consultants with almost no comments or corrections, but we felt they could be better organised and made clearer in places.)
As always, these are model policies, which means you can edit/translate them as you think fit for your particular situation or use bits of them to augment whatever’s required in your country.
It may well be that in some countries different policies are more appropriate. Please feel free to do what is locally normal, but if nothing is locally normal, edit these ones!
The two guidance documents
- Caring for teenagers in Triratna 2021
- Managing those who may pose a risk 2021
Munisha, Safeguarding officer, with
Amaladipa, Safeguarding adviser
Email: safeguarding [at] triratna.community
PS: GROUPS Please note that a Centre is responsible for the Safeguarding in any Triratna groups run by that Centre. Independent Triratna Groups need to do their own Safeguarding.
+Follow Triratna Safeguarding on TBCO.