Triratna Model Safeguarding policies and Ethical Guidelines 2020On Tue, 7 April, 2020 - 11:47
Here are the Triratna Model Safeguarding policies 2020 and Ethical Guidelines 2020, which replace any model documents not dated 2020 - as well as two new guidance documents.
Triratna Model Safeguarding policies 2020 and Ethical Guidelines 2020
- Triratna worldwide general advice on Safeguarding 2020 (These are introductory notes, not a policy.)
- The Triratna Model Child Protection policy 2020
- The Triratna Model Child Protection Code of Conduct 2020
- The Triratna Model Safeguarding Adults Policy 2020
- The Triratna Model Ethical Guidelines 2020 (unchanged since 2019 but please update your document so it says 2020)
These model documents are public. Once you have updated your own policies (and your council has adopted them) it’s a good idea to put them on your website, perhaps under the heading ‘About us’, or ‘Our values’.
There are two versions of documents no. 2, 3, and 4:
- One in pdf, marked in yellow to indicate where changes have been made or new material has been added, to help you when amending your existing documents.
- One editable copy in Word
Any changes reflect new regulatory requirements or changes to law or best practice in England and Wales, better understanding or feedback from centres in the past year.
As always, they are model policies, which means you can edit/translate them as you think fit for your particular situation or use bits of them to augment whatever’s required in your country.
It may well be that in some countries different policies are more appropriate. Please feel free to do what is locally normal, but if nothing is locally normal, edit these ones!
Two new guidance documents
based on UK law and best practice. These are not policies, and not public, but you may find it helpful to have them for when you need them.
- Caring for teenagers in Triratna 2020
- Managing those who pose a risk 2020
Munisha, Safeguarding officer, with
Amaladipa, Safeguarding adviser
Email: safeguarding [at] triratna.community
PS Please note that Centre policies should also cover any Triratna groups run by your charity. Independent Triratna groups need to do their own Safeguarding.
See Safeguarding Policies and Ethical Guidelines for Triratna Groups 2020