Virya Group recruiting a Lead DesignerOn Tue, 28 June, 2016 - 09:28
Are you passionate about your work? Are you obsessed with details? Do you understand the importance of creating valuable and meaningful experiences? Are Adobe Creative Suite or Open Source alternatives like Gimp, Inkscape your Swiss Army knives for designing appealing products? Are you able to communicate your creative ideas with clarity and explain your decisions to colleagues and clients based on your extensive experience and well-founded research?
If the answer to these questions is YES, we’d love to speak with you!
We are recruiting a lead designer who will report directly to our Creative Director, and work in close collaboration with our development and operational leads. At Virya Group our designers are involved in all aspects of the creative process including strategy, UX, brand evolution, prototyping, and visual design.
Our ideal candidate brings themselves fully into their design work, coming up with innovative and inspired designs which changes lives. While we often work with current design trends we are looking for someone who has a great reverence for design history, in all its breadth and depth.
What you’ll be working on
As we’re a small agency, you’ll have the creative freedom to spread your wings, and will be responsible for solving problems with a team of passionate, dedicated individuals.
You will be designing toward simplicity, applying your knowledge of cognitive psychology and paying attention to the details which make your work stand out from the crowd.
You will have a solid understanding of current UI patterns but also have your eyes set on the horizon - an ability to see further than today’s platforms and to anticipate the changes that are coming in the future.
This is an ideal position for a designer who is comfortable with a flexible work environment and is capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously and remotely. You’ll care about the people you work with (we’re pretty much like a family at Virya Group) and help them to grow through mentoring, support and in-house training.
Some of the design tasks you will be involved with
- Landing Page Designs - You will be able to design incredible sales and marketing pages which brand our products well with fresh and clean styles.
- GUI (Graphic User Interface) - You also are a fabulous UI designer for our software applications.
- Logo Designs - You understand marketing and design and are able to create unique logos to brand our products.
- Website redesign - We have many different sites that need a redesign to help bring more uniformity to all our products.
- Email / Social Media promotional material - Each week we would need multiple promotional resources to support our marketing campaigns - both within our company and for our clients
- Event design - promotional gadgets, leaflets and supporting materials to promote our company and our products.
- Improve our brand - proactively looking for opportunities to improve both the look and the effectiveness of our marketing materials.
We’re a small team so you’ll often get your hands dirty in all areas. Your everyday tasks might include:
- Outlining vision statements
- Defining key emotional drivers
- Customer journey mapping
- Paper prototyping
- Concept sketching, idea generation and presenting to the team and clients
- Storyboarding and storytelling
- Creating wireframes, stunning visual designs, beautiful icons and elegant layouts for devices, big and small
- Creating production assets
- Researching and experimenting with technologies that improve the user experience
- Creating forward-thinking concepts for future interfaces and OSes
- Estimating time required for tasks
- Giving and receiving feedback with other designers
- Iterating designs and layouts following discussions with clients and developers
- Pushing the boundaries of usable interfaces across a range of device types and form factors
- Giving talks (internally and externally) on interface design, concepts and visual techniques
- An opportunity to work on globally-influential and industry-defining projects
- Friendly, highly talented and award-winning folk to collaborate with
- A MacBook and any tools you need
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Participate (and speak) at international and local events
Are you interested, and think you’re right for the role? Introduce yourself!
Send us a strong and varied showcase of your work at hello [at] viryagroup.com. Include your CV and most of all, examples of your recent work where you have applied simplicity, attention to detail and your distinctive style!
Note: we will only consider applications that include a strong and varied portfolio (in whatever format - a document attached to the email or an online portfolio). CV only applications and agencies won’t be taken in consideration.
About Virya Group
Virya Group are an award-winning agency, formed in 2014 to provide world-class technology services to an international market. We are based in Ipswich, Suffolk although our team is quite international.
At Virya Group we work with a diverse range of clients from all over the world, helping envision and deploy everything from a new logo to a full brand launch.
Our goal is to help our clients share their amazing stories. with the world through the use and promotion of digital and print media. We aim to create enchanting experiences on a variety of platforms: digital, physical, and everywhere in between.
We actively support and encourage our team to stay at the forefront of their industry, including attending and presenting at conferences and carrying out research and development. You’ll care about the people you work with (we’re pretty much like a family at Virya Group) and help them to grow through mentoring, support and in-house training.
We operate to an Ethos Statement which is in line with the precepts of Buddhism, effectively meaning that we work in an open, honest and transparent way. We value kindness, friendship and compassion in our communication with each other and with our customers and suppliers. We try to do no harm and work in a simple, fuss-free way.
Virya means ‘a driving force or positive energy to do good for the benefit of others’ and much of what we do focuses around giving back to society, through working with charities, supporting them financially and raising awareness of important issues through our technology skills
You’ll find most of the personal qualities we are looking for in the description above, but the most important thing for us is that you have the interest in learning, growing and challenging yourself. If you’re looking for a boring 9-5 job, this isn’t for you!
Our salary scheme operates on a dana basis of ‘give what you can, take what you need’ - we are flexible on the annual salary.