The Visualisation of the Tantric StupaOn Thu, 3 August, 2023 - 14:50
A six week video course teaching Buddhist meditation, including the Visualisation of the Tantric Stupa, which gives us tools to reveal our true nature.
These tools include:
- Guided visualisations of the Tantric Stupa, focusing in turn on its different coloured forms and the elements which they symbolise; earth, water, fire, air and space. Each part of the stupa is further associated with one of the Five Buddha Mandala, whose mantras we’ll be introduced to, and a chakra.
- Supporting meditation practices for the Stupa Visualisation; the Mindfulness of Body, Formless Meditation, the Mindfulness of Breathing, Metta Bhavana (Development of Loving Kindness) and guided reflections.
- A brief history of the development of the Stupa in Buddhism and its symbolism, from the stupa as burial mound, shortly after the Buddha’s Parinirvana, to its complex spiritual symbolism in the Tantra.
- Exploration of the meaning and significance of symbolism in general, as well as key spiritual themes like; the liberation of our psychophysical energies, Going for Refuge and initiation, and Sunyata or Emptiness.
- Participation online, either individually or in small groups to answer or ask questions and share experience.
No prior experience is necessary, full teaching will be given.
Teaching by Suvannavira, a member of the Triratna Buddhist Order.
Cost £40 for the whole course, with a low income rate of £20.