Dharmachakra is Looking for an Experienced Front-end DeveloperOn Thu, 24 December, 2020 - 14:18
Dharmachakra (the team behind The Buddhist Centre Online and Free Buddhist Audio) is hiring as we turn our attention to building and maintaining Triratna web sites and services that work beautifully on mobile and across all devices.
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer to start with us in the new year. This would initially be envisaged as a fixed-term contract for 18 months, with the possibility of extending further. The position could be full or part-time by arrangement.
If the thought of helping us spread the Dharma around the world excites you, we’d love to hear it! We’re looking for enthusiastic, motivated, highly skilled and confident front-end developers who have a passion for supporting people’s practice online. We’d love to have you work with us on an ongoing basis as part of a friendly, inspired team - with negotiable support available at realistic Right Livelihood-friendly rates.
Here are some of the attributes we’re particularly interested in (we can offer some training in specific areas as part of onboarding):
* Ability to create working prototypes from design assets
* Experience working with unit testing, i.e. phpunit, jest, mocha
* CSS3/HTML5 standards with cross-browser testing
* Experience of crafting accessible user experiences
* Experience of REST and Json based API’s
* Experience with Version Control and GIT
* The ability to onboard quickly with a development team and work well collaboratively and, where needed, independently within a set of agreed parameters.
* Familiarity with MySQL databases and SQL queries.
* Understanding of NoSQL principles/advantages/disadvantages.
If any of these apply to you, or you just want to find out more, please send your CV/resumé to team [at] thebuddhistcentre.com
We look forward to working with you!