Buddhist Action Month 2016
BAM at the Dublin Buddhist CentreOn Wed, 18 May, 2016 - 17:20
Here is the programme of BAM events at the Dublin Buddhist Centre.
- Residential Retreat - 21st Century Bodhisattva. Friday 3rd - Monday 6th June. Exploring how the Bodhisattva Ideal is relevant in the 21st Century, and how we can manifest it.
- Film Night – This Changes Everything by Avi Lewis. Friday 10th June, from 7pm. A movie about climate change and the opportunities within it to transform our society for the better.
- Sangha Hike in the Wicklow Mountains. Saturday 11th June 2016, from 9.30am. A chance to reconnect with nature.
- Earth Evening - Practicing for the Planet. Friday 17th June, 7.30pm - 10pm. An evening exporing climate change, social issues and consumerism, hosted by the Young Buddhists Group. Open to all.
- Community Garden Day and Picnic. Saturday 18th June, 10am - 2pm. A opportunity to learn about community gardening and growing food in the middle of the urban jungle.
- Meditation Practice Morning. Sunday 18th June 2016, 10am – 1pm. A special BAM-themed meditation practice morning.
- Summer Solstice Ritual. Tuesday 21st June 2016, 7.30pm - 9.45pm, as part of Sangha Night. A special ritual in the DBC to mark this important point in our summer calendar.
- Recycled Art Workshop. Sunday 26th 2016, 10pm - 5pm. Turning base metal into gold, this recycling working is a creative day in the DBC for artists and non-artists alike.
More details are available at www.dublinbuddhistcentre.org/BAM