We've got lots of great reading for you!On Tue, 1 December, 2020 - 16:30
We’ve got lots of great reading lined up for you this week: we’re discounting eleven life-enhancing paperbacks in our Monthly Sale for December and we’ve got a link to the latest issue of Vajra Bell magazine.
Announcing our Monthly Sale for December
Whether or not you celebrate Christmas, this time of year is a popular time for visiting friends and family and exchanging gifts, so we thought we’d bear that in mind when choosing which paperbacks to discount in our December sale. We’re calling this month’s sale Presents for Presence. (Sorry about the pun, but we couldn’t resist!) Here’s a list of the books in the sale, organised according to what they can help with:
Coping better with the stresses of the holiday season
- It’s Not Out There: How to see differently and live an extraordinary, ordinary life by Danapriya (was £9.99 now £8.99)
- Eight Step Recovery: Using the Buddha’s Teachings to Overcome Addiction by Valerie Mason-John (Vimalasara) and Dr Paramabandhu Groves (was £13.99 now £12.59)
Starting to explore meditation and mindfulness
- Mindfulness of Breathing: A Practice Guide and Translations by Bhikkhu Anālayo (was £17.99 now £16.19)
- Introducing Mindfulness: Buddhist Background and Practical Exercises by Bhikkhu Anālayo (was £13.99 now £12.59)
Communicating more effectively with friends and family
- I’ll Meet You There: A Practical Guide to Empathy, Mindfulness and Communication by Shantigarbha (was £11.99 now £10.79)
- Buddhism: Tools for Living Your Life by Vajragupta (was £11.99 now £10.79)
Applying mindfulness and Buddhism to everyday life
- A Path for Parents: What Buddhism Can Offer by Sara Burns (Karunagita) (was £11.99 now £10.79)
- The Buddha on Wall Street: What’s Wrong with Capitalism and What We Can Do about It by Vaddhaka Linn (was £9.99 now £8.99)
Plunging deeper into the Dharma
- The Dark Side of the Mirror: Forgetting the Self in Dōgen’s Genjō Kōan by David Brazier (was £15.99 now £14.39)
- Mind in Harmony: The Psychology of Buddhist Ethics by Subhuti (was £12.99 now £11.69)
- The Complete Works of Sangharakshita Volume 18: Milarepa and the Art of Discipleship I by Sangharakshita (was £19.95 now £17.96)
The new issue of Vajra Bell
The Vajra Bell is a beautifully produced magazine featuring articles on the teachings and practices of the Triratna Buddhist Order and Community in North America. It’s published by the Aryaloka Buddhist Center in New Hampshire, USA, once or twice a year.
A new issue has just come out, which takes as its theme the climate crisis and our responsibilities as Buddhists in relation to it. It includes conversations with Windhorse author Anālayo, as well as an article by another Windhorse author, Vessantara.
A possible effect of Brexit
As you no doubt already know if you’re resident in the UK, on January 1st, 2021 the UK will leave the European Union (EU). Our books are sold export taxes and duties unpaid. Depending on new regulations, customers in the EU may be charged export taxes and duties on books they buy from us. At the moment it’s still unclear whether this will be the case, and if it is, how much these charges will be. We’ll keep you up to date on developments.