Jump to Navigation
Donate to the buddhist centre:
meet the toolkit team!
projects & groups
archive of all posts
search & filter posts
filter posts by:
Take One Simple Thing
On Tue, 28 October, 2014 - 11:29
As part of our 100 Days of Ethical giving Campaign, we are also looking at the environmental impact of what we buy.
Just looking at one of our products shows you how you can make a difference once you start considering its’ journey. A simple, £18 recycled glass vase has a whole environmental story to tell!
Just choosing recycled glass over newly made glass means that;
- You are supporting constant recycling. Glass can be recycled over and over with no loss to its’ quality or usefulness.
- You are saving energy. Recycling glass used 40% less energy than producing new.
- You are cutting pollution. The recycling process reduces air pollution by 20% and water pollution by 50%.
- You are saving space in landfill. Glass takes over a million years to break down, but only 30 days to recycle.
- You are conserving raw materials. Every ton of glass that is recycled saves over a ton of the raw materials needed to make new.
So our useful, £18 recycled glass vase – with it’s beautiful bubbled texture and pale green tint – has a lot to say about making your home a bit more eco friendly. It’s a simple thing, but it helps.
to take part in this conversation