Meditation course for NewcomersOn Fri, 9 June, 2023 - 15:04
Transform your life for the better with this practical and supportive introduction to meditation.
Offering a lively and accessible grounding in key principles, experienced meditators and teachers Bodhilila and Tarakarunya will offer you the opportunity to experience the benefits and opening that meditation can offer us.
– physical relaxation and better body awareness, with all of the health benefits that can bring
– a sense of ease and spaciousness in daily life
– greater clarity of thinking and ability to concentrate
– a sense of perspective, leading to better judgement and more effective decision-making
– greater emotional positivity and robustness, with benefits to relationships of all kinds- greater receptivity to the beauty, interest and meaning in life
You’ll receive a thorough introduction to two powerful practices, the mindfulness of breathing and the cultivation of loving kindness. There are guided meditations, accompanied by instruction in the underlying principles, and time for questions and discussion.