Urthona issue 32 gathers paceOn Tue, 9 June, 2015 - 10:45
Things are well underway on gathering material for issue 32, and I have even designed the first two articles. Publication date late Autumn 2015.
The theme is GODDESSES EAST AND WEST, and we have loads of exciting material:
* A major article by Anne Baring (co-author of The Myth of the Goddess) in which she traces the evolution of images of the divine feminine throughout the ages. It is a call to awaken the imagination, to restore and reinvent a vision of a sacred cosmos.
* Our movie expert Ed Piercy on two Hollywood
images of the archetypal feminine: Cleopatra, and Helen of Troy…
* Jan Osborne writes about Kwan Yin.
* Dharmavadana celebrates Homer’s Odyssey including the hero’s encounters with those two dangerous goddess figures Circe and Calypso.
* Sue Bonnett writes about the abstract painter Agnes Martin who has a major exhibition at Tate Gallery.