Diversity in action: a guide for UK charitiesOn Wed, 27 January, 2021 - 16:18
Here’s a free guide to UK law on equality and discrimination, from BatesWells, lawyers specialising in charity law, used by several Triratna charities.
The guide covers:
- Is discrimination ever lawful? A brief introduction to UK legislation on diversity - the Equality Act 2010.
- How to make positive changes to promote greater diversity within your membership or trustee body.
- When is it lawful to restrict who can benefit from your charity’s services?
- How charities can take positive action to improve diversity, without falling foul of equality law.
- Our 5 tips for employers around reasonable adjustments for disabled applicants and employees.
- Embedding the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion within your charity’s governance.
- An example of how diversity in action can change lives through the work one charity.