Grand Opening Day for the Triratna Community of the Shrewsbury Buddhist CentreOn Fri, 4 September, 2015 - 12:27
The official Triratna launch is Saturday 26th September.
The Shrewsbury sangha has met for many years in rented premises, but it’s a great step forward to have its own centre. Mitra Annette Clarke explains how to make one yourself.
Ingredients for cooking your own Buddhist Centre
• Curiosity, love, hopefulness, vision, clarity, determination, generosity, kindness, community spirit, effort
• 14 years of stirring… thoughts, maturing hopefulness, wonderings and debate
• Several years of serious searching
• A sprinkling of prapanca
• An upsurge of sangha members (young and old) rising to the challenge
• Essence of courage: asking for support
• Several skips for old plaster and rubble
• Gallons of clunch (undefined!)
• Abundant Triratna generosity
• Love, dedication, hard slog from the sangha
All this being, that becomes…”
Launch: all welcome!
They write: “We are delighted to invite Triratna friends (near and far) to the launch and celebration of our very own Shrewsbury Triratna Buddhist Centre on Saturday 26th September, 10am to 5pm. (What a great way to mark Padmasambhava Day!)
There’ll be meditation, ritual, Dharma talks, a slideshow about the building project, and time to just hang out with the sangha and enjoy delicious food and drinks.
Please let us know you are coming.
We can’t wait to show you our lovely new centre. Come and join us!”
Shrewsbury Triratna Buddhist Centre
All Saints’ Hall, Queen Street, Shrewsbury, SY1 2JU, UK
Parking is available a few minutes’ walk away in the car park behind the Spar shop