Giving Avalokitesvara a Hand by DhammalokaOn Mon, 21 November, 2016 - 17:33
“Giving Avalokitesvara a Hand” by Dhammaloka
An exploration in imagination and Sangha-building. Taking images of the 42 ‘major’ hands or emblems of Avalokitesvara/Kuan Yin participants explore both the great variety of Bodhisattva activity and how they might themselves contribute to it.
- Exploring the variety of enlightened activities
- Introducing GuanYin / Avalokitesvara
- Sangha-building, getting to know each others’ personal interests and strengths
- Playful exploration and gaining of commitment to contribute to the mandala
- Contextualize Avalokitesvara / GuanYin in the White Lotus Sutra
- Introduce Avalokitesvara as a symbol of the WBO
The material :
- Images of the 42 emblems/hands.
- Instruction and explanation of the activity.
- (40 images of Avalokitesvara - not available currently )