Opportunity at the London Buddhist CentreOn Mon, 9 March, 2015 - 13:02
The London Buddhist Centre is looking for a new person to join the team of people who help run the centre’s activities. This role is specifically to work as part of the Breathing Space team, as a manager, to take responsibility for the operations and delivery of the project, while also growing its valuable and successful work.
The BS management team and board of Directors are keen to see the project grow and are offering this 9 month, fully supported position (with the possibility of it becoming a permanent position).
Do you want to…
- Be part of the London Buddhist Centre and help communicate the Dharma?
- Work in a context so as to explicitly deepen your GFR and commitment to the Three Jewels?
- Be part of a large team with a variety of responsibilities?
- Manage the Breathing Space project and develop its reach?
What can you bring?
- A well developed practice of ethics & meditation, and be practicing within Triratna
- Excellent interpersonally and skilled in written/verbal communication
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Able to develop and sustain relationships with a wide range of external stakeholders and partners
- Some experience of fundraising, or a willingness to learn
- Skilful at managing work pressure and deadlines
- Capable of strategically developing the BS project and other LBC projects
- Effectiveness in an office environment: good timekeeping, adept at data handling, capable in developing systems, and confident in clear, straightforward communication
Applications and Interviews
To apply, contact vidyadaka [at] lbc.org.uk (subject: Opportunity%20at%20the%20LBC) for an application form, which will need to be completed and returned by midday Friday 23rd November. Interviews will take place on Thursday 13th December at the London Buddhist Centre.