Vacancy at Karuna: Full-time Programme ManagerOn Fri, 21 June, 2019 - 16:43
Inspired by Buddhist values Karuna exists to end caste-based discrimination, poverty and inequality in India and Nepal. Our work focuses on education, dignified livelihoods and gender equality, transforming communities and changing society.
We’re looking for a new Programme Manager to join our dynamic London-based team. The job involves working with projects and partner organisations in India and Nepal, including a number of our Indian Triratna Trusts, to deliver positive change in the lives of people from Dalit and other marginalised communities.
You’ll need to have good project management skills, be self-managing and motivated. You’ll have good written and verbal communication skills including the ability to critically assess project proposals and monitor projects. A good understanding of the Triratna Buddhist Movement and an ability to travel and work in a cross cultural environment would be required for this position.
We are offering a competitive London weighted support, including full pension contribution and 8 weeks per year retreat/holiday allowance.
The role will involve:
- Reading and responding to written project funding applications
- Implementing Project Based Funding for projects
- Developing and managing proposals that will secure institutional and trust funding
- Managing relationships with partners
- Developing & implementing Programmes
- Understand and provide appropriate feedback on Partner financial and progress reports
- Building the capacity of our partners and supporting partner Sustainability
- Ensuring that partners comply with Karuna safeguarding requirements
- Liaising with major donors
We welcome all applicants with the necessary skills and experience for the position. If you think you would enjoy working in a Triratna Team-Based Right Livelihood, then please contact Chandrasuryapradipa in full confidence on 0207 697 3009 or csp [at] karuna.org or apply online https://www.appeals.karuna.org/jobs
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Suddhaka on 02077003434 or email: suddhaka [at] karuna.org
Closing date: 19/07/2019