Team based Rightlivelihood opportunity with New View in CambridgePosted by nanadavajra on Thu, 18 May, 2017 - 14:00
New View Residential is looking for a new team member to join a dynamic and professional Team-Based Right Livelihood in Cambridge. We are looking for applicants who are keen to share in the broad development of the business with particular interest in property management.
New View Residential Ltd
Please watch this delightful https://vimeo.com/219503950/94fd939c09 about New View Residential.
New View Residential is an ethical letting and property management business owned by the Windhorse Trust. It offers a vital service in helping to provide accommodation on an ethical basis and plays a key role in the activity of the Windhorse Trust. The Windhorse Trust in turn provides significant financial support for projects across Triratna. We are also part of the Cambridge Triratna Buddhist Mandala.
Our team currently consists of four Order Members (Kulapriya, Prasannavira, Keturaja and Samamati), all with very extensive experience of Team-Based Right Livelihood (TBRL) within Triratna. The business is a social enterprise giving half its surplus to Triratna and the other half to charitable projects designated by our landlord-clients. As well as offering valuable Right-Livelihood opportunities to practice within the workplace and participate in kalyana mitrata, the business also aims to support the accumulation and dissemination of knowledge and experience in the field of property management for the benefit of the whole of Triratna.
Established six years ago as an ethical alternative in helping to meet the essential need for accommodation, New View Residential has since grown to look after around 60 properties.We operate from an office close to Cambridge city centre, two minutes walk from the Cambridge Buddhist Centre and several of the Windhorse Trust’s residential communities.
The Role & Opportunities
The New View Residential team is looking for a new team member:
- With some experience of Triratna – probably an Order Member or a Mitra who has asked for Ordination.
- Willing and able to share in a broad and varied involvement in the work of a professional and ethical residential lettings agency;
- With a particular interest and aptitude for property management, including managing repairs and maintenance works involving liaison between landlords, contractors and tenants.
- Committed to gaining necessary professional qualifications in residential property letting and property management (within their first year) and learning from the accumulated experience of the current team.
Our work is very varied: involving visiting properties, office-based work, and some light physical work. The formal and on-the-job training provides opportunity to gain a good grasp the legal and regulatory frameworks, and understanding how to act in accordance with high professional standards. Being a small business requires all team members to be flexible in responding co-operatively to the work as needed.
The Cambridge Buddhist Mandala
A successful applicant will be able to engage with the large and dynamic Cambridge Triratna Sangha. The Cambridge Buddhist Centre has a vibrant young people’s group and living in one of several communities is a possibility. Cambridge is an ideal setting for those wanting to further and deepen their connection with Triratna Buddhist Order.
Necessary Qualities & Skills
- Ability to learn and pick up skills quickly
- Be self motivated, with drive and energy
- Be well organised, thorough, conscientious & systematic, good at following through on detail
- Ability to take the initiative in an appropriate way
- Good communication skills in a range of contexts
- Happy to take some responsibility for the business and see the opportunity for spiritual growth in this activity
- Ability to cooperate and work in a team with a willingness to engage in the work and team meetings as a spiritual practice
- Enjoy meeting and engaging with people of varied backgrounds with an ability to communicate clearly and confidently with clients and tenants
- Willingness to operate and present themselves professionally in dress and manner
- Ability to be flexible
- Have an interest and aptitude in practical elements of property management
- Have clear written English and be able to communicate with precision and care.
- Numerate and aptitude to understand basic accounting
- Fluent with Microsoft office
- Have a driving licence and be happy to drive
- Having worked in team where responsibility was shared
- Some property management experience
- Having worked in an office environment
- Having worked in a customer facing role
NVR is able to offer salary or Support for this full-time position, but will give preference to those wanting to live in one of the Windhorse Trust communities.
We are looking for successful applicants to join us early in the Summer of 2017.
If you are interested in finding out more or applying for this position please contact us at mail [at] newviewresidential.co.uk or ring Prasannavira, Kulapriya or Keturaja, 01223 868570