Project Initiator subtitling videos and other spoken word projectsOn Fri, 19 February, 2021 - 20:32
One of the Mainland Europe Area Council’s priorities is to investigate how to make Triratna teachings and other spoken word projects in Triratna more available to people who speak other languages than English by means of subtitling. To this end a working group has been set up consisting of delegates from the Area Council, the Translations Board and Development team to the ECA. After some initial exploration we have applied for funding and are looking for a person to initiate this project.
Initially 3-6 months with a view to extend this for another year once the project has got off the ground and we know that funding is available.
- Investigate technology
- Bring together different bodies with expertise
- Start a pilot with subtitles in English of a selection of videos with a view to later
- Get volunteers to cooperate and work on translation in other languages
- Coordinate the setting up of a team of volunteers
- Run workshops, share expertise
- Make a list of core videos and projects that need subtitling (in consultation with various key-bodies in Triratna)
In this pilot project the project initiator would be making a start to develop a model to be used in the long run and share best practice. A phase of investigation and training, so people can do subtitling in their own language all over the world.
Most of the work could be done online. Some travelling may be involved.
The successful applicant would be an Order member with some technical skills and affinity with the project.
We are aiming to raise funds initially for: 3-6 months wage/support + software, hardware and travel expenses.
Deadline for applications: 28 March 2021
If you are interested, please send an email to: gunabhadri [at] triratnadevelopment.org