Join the Team at Bristol Buddhist CentreOn Sat, 14 January, 2017 - 18:56
Bristol Buddhist Centre is thriving and our sangha is growing. We’re looking for a member of the Triratna Buddhist Order to join the Centre Team to share the responsibility for facilitating
- Communication of Sangharakshita’s vision including the tools of transformation
- A flow of kalyana mitrata to build community and deepen commitment and Sangha
This would involve working with the existing team on our evolving ethos and culture of generosity, including working with volunteers as mentor and kalyana mitra to give them more sangha involvement and opportunity of Dharma service, and to help develop the team in the long term.
We’re primarily looking for someone to take responsibility as Centre coordinator, taking a practical overview of all activities and their implications, including caretaking, event supporters, keyholders, publicity planning etc. and coordinating programme planning. You’d also participate in teaching teams as needed, and be part of covering other team roles when people are away.
Part of the role is to generate more income, for example through coordinating fundraising or generating additional hire income.
- Loyal to Sangharakshita’s vision
- Inspired to work in harmony and spiritual friendship in the team
- Available to be part of sangha events.
- Excited by dana culture and keen to harness the energy and interests of the local sangha to serve the Dharma.
- Enthusiasm for learning and helping others learn.
- Able to work in a team and independently. Self-motivating and able to set boundaries.
- Able to hold a big picture overview, and follow through to detail; able to hold complexity.
- Commitment to clear and sensitive communication.
- Experienced, skilled and enthusiastic in IT, with willingness to learn and adopt existing IT systems (including Google calendars, Google drive docs/sheets, Microsoft, Mailchimp, Wordpress) and able to coordinate social network presence.
We can offer
- Either a salary of £9,000 for 21 hours a week or £12,000 for 28 hours a week (£8.25 per hour)
- 6 weeks (30 days) annual leave - pro rata
- £1350 retreat allowance pro rata
- pension contribution
Please contact Jvalamalini chair [at] bristol-buddhist-centre.org to discuss or express interest before 14th February 2017