Opportunity to join the Manchester Buddhist Centre team!On Thu, 19 November, 2015 - 14:58
Opportunity to join the Manchester Buddhist Centre team!
Administrator and IT Support
28 hours per week (with potential of increasing to 35 hours per week)
- Are you organised, methodical, and enjoy attention to detail?
- Are you confident with IT and IT support?
We’re looking for a committed Mitra or Order Member with a keen interest and enthusiasm in these areas of work, including time working on reception.
If you have the right skills and want an opportunity to deepen your Buddhist practice this could be an ideal opportunity for you!
In addition to the above we’d love someone to join us who could contribute more widely to the life of the MBC -
- maybe you already teach the Dharma and meditation?
- maybe you have skills and experience in other areas that could really support the growth of the sangha?
If so, there could be good opportunities to help us in the growth and development of the sangha.
We operate as a Buddhist team based right livelihood. We are committed to making our work our practice. The Centre team members are all part of the ‘Heart Kula’ (Centre team + Chair + Mitra Convenors) that meets weekly to deepen our Buddhist practice and understanding of our roles/ responsibilities at the Centre.
We are a friendly team!
- From £7.04 up to £7.85 per hour
- Annual leave: 40 days including bank holidays (pro rata) + £1800 per year towards retreats (pro rata)
- Simply Health plan scheme to cover some health care costs such as dentist/ optician/ acupuncture/osteopathy
Please read the job description attached and then apply by emailing suryaka [at] manchesterbuddhistcentre.org.uk saying why you want the job and what makes you the most suitable candidate. Also please enclose an up to date CV and 2 references.
Closing date: Monday 7th December
Interviews: week commencing Monday 14th December
For an informal chat please ring Suryaka on 0161 834 9232 ext 25
Please note: Suryaka is away until 30th Nov, but you can email or ring Chandana for an informal chat about the post in her absence, at -
chandana [at] manchesterbuddhistcentre.org.uk
or ring him on 0161 834 9232 ext 38