Adhisthana, 22-26 August 2019
Alchemy is the magical art of turning base materials into gold, a potent metaphor for what we are trying to do in our Dharma lives. How do we transform the ‘base material’ of ourselves, our spiritual community, and the wider society into ‘gold’, into ‘personal’ riches, shared riches and the sustaining riches of loving wisdom?
This biennial event at Adhisthana, UK, brings together large numbers of the Triratna Buddhist Community from around Europe for a feast of inspiration, stimulation and fun - all are welcome, including children.
Booking is now open: https://adhisthana.org/retreat/?ev=339
More details will be posted here as things firm up but here’s what we know so far:
- 3 Dharma talks: Ratnaguna on ‘Transforming Self’; Sanghamani on ‘Transformation through Sangha; Prasadacarin on ‘Transforming World’
- Bhante as alchemist: Maitreyabandhu and friends reveal more about Bhante Sangharakshita from those who’ve known him closely over the past 50 years
- meditation workshops by the Vajraloka team
- Blake workshop
- children’s activities, including storytelling to warm us all up for fabulous pujas
- artistic endeavours, philosophical explorations
- three classical concerts by professional musicians
- tai chi, yoga, study, discussion, hanging out
- big beautiful pujas
- glimpses into the worlds of Triratna in Venezuela and India
- catering by Adhisthana with a team of volunteers
- Buddhafield’s structures for such things as yoga, chai/pancakes & more
- all wonderfully MC’d by Singhamati, chair of Birmingham Buddhist Centre
- weather! hopefully pleasant as a mostly camping event, but every day is a fine day!
More detailed information on the various workshops can be found here
For a 3-minute taster, here’s a video from footage shot 2 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1Tnm3ra34
Or a more substantial video based on the International Gathering 2014: https://vimeo.com/111102046