One of the best features of the Buddhafield Festival is its music scene. Day and (especially!) night you can hear a wonderfully eclectic range of live performances, with plenty of spontaneous jams and happenings around the fringes too.
Today’s little taster features The Turbans, who’ll be playing traditional folk music from Egypt, Yemen, Turkey, Israel, Ireland, all the way to Canada, America and the Ukraine. From jigs to classical persian, every song is crafted to make you dance or weep, sometimes both!
The live music line-up at the Festival is now complete! We have:
* Protest folk from Seize the Day
* Afro-latin style funky grooves, sweet vocals, deep horns, fat percussion and heavy bass lines from Dende
* 8-piece reggae, Latin, Hip Hop, Rumba, swing/jazz combo with Duncan Disorderly and the Scallywags
* The Turbans offering traditional folk music from Egypt, Yemen, Turkey, Israel, Ireland, north America and the Ukraine
* Zoophonium, a live-mixed DJ based Electro Swing trio, mashing-up vintage loops, swinging beats, samples, live clarinet and guitar
* Big band soulful funk reggae from Avalon Roots
* Bob Hilary and the Massive Mellow bring us folksy roots with funk and dub influences.
* Bamboo flute and other woodwind instruments with ambient backing from Kuri