FutureDharma launch Thrive Online AppealOn Sat, 16 May, 2020 - 11:00
FutureDharma Fund and India Dhamma Trust are launching Triratna’s Thrive Online Appeal, and we need you to join us.
Our world is in lockdown. COVID-19 is changing everything: nobody knows what our world will look like in a year’s time. For some, the challenge of lockdown is overwhelming, causing a tragic surge in depression, addictions, and domestic violence.
This distanced, suffering world needs the Three Jewels more than ever.
The problem is that our centres are closed. The core of what Triratna has offered the world for 50 years relies on face to face contact: exploring and practising the Dharma with friends in centres and on retreat. With no classes or retreats happening our dana bowls lie empty and some centres risk going under within a few months. Our Indian sangha are especially challenged because direct debit is undeveloped and most giving is face to face.
We need committed Triratna Buddhists like you to give, ideally each month for the next year.
Please help us raise £200,000 so that:
- The Buddhist Centre Online can offer online collective meditation and inspiration £60,000
- Ordination and youth teams in India, Australia and new Zealand can inspre and train people online £82,000
- Sikkha can share best practice in online Dharma teaching £13,000
- Windhorse Publications can give away free e-Dharma books £8,000
- Triratna’s International Council can coordinate our global response, including advice for centres on crisis cash flow management and online fundraising £33,000
- Indian Movement Coordinator Amritsiddhi can coordinate a national emergency food aid programme £4,000