Buddhist Centre Features
What have you brought with you?On Sat, 26 September, 2015 - 14:11
When people at the start of the retreat were asked what questions or musings this they brought with them, the main themes that emerged were:
- finding more spaciousness in life that feels pressurised, busy or noisy
- how to be more present and mindful with our children
- how to share our spiritual life with our families
- questioning whether we are good parents or doing okay, even if we sometimes loose our tempers…
- Where do we end and our children begin
- where are we, where are our hearts, within all that we need to do
- how can we not feel guilty taking space for ourselves
- how to re-engage with the benefits of meditation and re-establish a meditation practice after having a baby
- how to make space for our own spiritual development
- the need to recharge and to deepen practice
What have you brought with you as a parent as you join in online?
View all posts from this weekend
view our community guidelines for promoting good conversation
to re-engage with a practice after a year that has been consumed with my role as a parent/carer
Exploring how being a parent can help my pracitce instead of seeing it as a hindrance.
A deep need to break out of repetitive habits of reactivity, a desire to change. Enjoying connecting with a sense of community.
this chance and the facebook group is a wonderful way to feel part of a community
Its great isnt it. Feeling lots of gratitude. And nice to have exchanges here- like the tea room at taraloka.
I’m bringing gratitude for my children who ground me in a very real experience of the human realm.
I’m bringing an overwhelming love for my child, and for his example of staying in the moment and living a life of joy. I’m also bringing my own struggle with anger, as I find it hard to keep my temper as a parent and to speak from a place of love.