The Dharma Toolkit Daily, Episode 1 - Turning Towards Uncertain TimesOn Sat, 21 March, 2020 - 00:51
Welcome to The Dharma Toolkit Daily, our new podcast from The Buddhist Centre to keep you company through the weeks or months ahead in these extraordinary coronavirus times.
We’ll be with you every week day with a diverse range of guests to renew your sense of a wider Dharma community standing with you. What better way to stay connected than to hear the voices of friends and strangers who understand something of what you may be going through in your particular lockdown situation?
In our pilot episode, you’ll hear tales and impressions from Scotland, Ireland, England, Mexico and the U.S.A.
- The strangeness of physical loneliness alongside too many Zoom calls
- the positive effect on the natural world of less human presence
- the surprising normalcy of meditating online
- the deep need for community, beyond the boundaries of language itself
- the collective versus the individual
- the consequences of a cancelled long-term retreat
- and, of course, the great reality of interconnectedness.
Join us for 30 minutes of great conversation!
Check out the Dharma Toolkit space for details of all we have on offer to help you make it through the weirdness and stay inspired.
Theme music by Ackport! Used with kind permission.
News, event coverage, mantras and rituals, Dharma conversations among diverse voices from the Triratna Buddhist Community around the world, keeping you up-to-date with the latest in our sangha.
Subscribe to our Buddhist Voices Podcast: On Apple Podcasts | On others podcast networks
Our longer form podcast, featuring great in-depth conversations with Buddhists from around the world. Inspiring stories that illuminate for modern times the Buddha’s example of how to live and find true freedom.