Buddha Day CelebrationsOn Thu, 27 May, 2021 - 15:20
On the full moon day of May… we celebrate Buddha Day.
Visit the Buddhist Centre Online on Instagram for highlights of Buddha Day celebrations around the world…
Here are some of the ways Triratna Centres are celebrating this important event this year.
- Melbourne: Buddha Day Festival
- Barcelona: Celebración del día del Buda
- Cardiff: Meeting the Buddha: with Vishvapani 10am-1pm
- Cambridge: 23 May 10am-1pm: Buddha Day
- Stockholm and Oslo will have a joint zoom celebration (with possibly the Danish sangha, too). There will be meditation, a conversation about Buddhist and Nordic myths (which Prasadacarin, Gunaketu and Munisha will be hosting), a Dharma quiz competition between the sanghas and a puja.
- Buddha Day will also be celebrated on this day in Colchester, Cuernavaca, Glasgow, Manchester and Sheffield. You can find their websites in this overview of Centres
- 24/5-30/5 Shrewsbury - see Buddha Day events in Shrewsbury
- Auckland: Buddha Day puja and celebration
- 28/5-30/5 Nottingham: the Buddha, Calm, Steady, Pure - sangharetreat
- 29/5-31/5 Birmingham: Buddha Day walks
Essen, Amsterdam, Ipswich and Sydney (at Vijayaloka) will all be celebrating Buddha Day on this day. You can find their websites in this overview of Centres
If your Centre is missing in this overview, feel free to add your event in the comments or drop us a line: info [at] triratnadevelopment.org (subject: Buddha%20Day)
Image credit: ”Nice clear and sharp shot of the lunar eclipse / blood moon - October 8, 2014” by slworking2 is licensed with CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.