I Am Because We Are – Meditation RetreatOn Thu, 8 April, 2021 - 12:57
Led By: Singhashri, Kamalanandi & team
Location: Bowerwood, nr. Honiton in East Devon
Retreat Experience: Six months or more meditation experience
Age Group: Adults only
“I am because we are” is a traditional African saying from the Ubuntu tradition evoking the inherent truth of interdependence and the promise of Beloved Community.
We all yearn to find and engage with others in spaces of deep meaning and heart-felt belonging, where we are each doing our own work in authentic connection with one another. This is the ideal of Beloved Community.
Our dharma practice provides a crucible where we hold the tension between our ideals and what is happening now, which sometimes feels very far from our ideals.
How do we show up for ourselves and others with an attitude of openness and curiosity? Willing to see clearly the parts of us that are both longing for freedom and those still in the shadows, confused, or actively resisting change?
These questions are relevant to how we work internally and also how we engage in beloved community. The answers are the ground from which true inclusivity can take root, grow and flourish, creating beloved community from the inside out.
Over the week we’ll explore the following:
- Our intentions for practising and our vision for liberation for ourselves and others
- How our unique conditioning shows up in the space of meditation and how we relate to what’s happening now
- Embodiment as a radical act
- The role of joy and pleasure in opening to ourselves, one another and the world
- How a creative response to fear, grief and anger can support our efforts towards collective liberation
- The co-created and interconnected nature of experience and reality