Join the Nature of Mind ProjectOn Mon, 17 January, 2022 - 17:09
Join us for a six-month season of events exploring the nature of mind, including neuroscience, Buddhist thought, and psychology. The project culminates in an in-person and online retreat at Adhisthana (August 2022).
Register for free: natureofmind.net
Here’s some more about it:
* Conversations – Every month we’ll post a conversation hosted by an Order member with guests such as: Iain McGilchrist (the divided brain), Paul Gilbert (Compassion-Focussed Therapy), Penny Sartori (near-death experiences), Bernardo Kastrup (metaphysical idealism), and Carol Bowman (past life memories).
* We’ll also be in conversation with Padmavajra about the Shepherd’s Search for Mind and Subhuti about Buddhist vision of the nature of mind.
* Interactive Seminars. The conversations will be followed by monthly interactive zoom seminars exploring our guests’ work – including Q&As, break-out rooms, and clips of the YouTube conversations.
* Online Morning Meditations. We’ll follow this with a week of online morning meditations, with guidance from Sona, Vidyamala, Vajradevi, and others.
* Retreats – We’ll be hosting in-person and online retreats at Adhisthana, and an Order-only retreat
- Change Your Mind: Change the World: 1 – 5 June. Led by Saddhanandi, Danayutta, Maitreyabandhu, Amalavajra
- Nature of Mind Retreat: 27 Aug - 2 Sept. Led by Jnanavaca, Subhadramati, Vidyamala, Vajrasura and Maitreyabandhu
- The Nature of Mind, with Vessantara. We’ll also host Order-only events led by Vessantara, online and an in-person and online retreat.
Yours in the Dharma,
and the Nature of Mind Team