Introducing Buddhist Action Month 2021 - Network of Buddhist OrganisationsOn Mon, 8 February, 2021 - 10:57
Lion’s Roar: Speaking up in a Troubled World - Buddhist Action Month 2021
Kaspa Thompson from the Network of Buddhist Organisations is setting up Buddhist Action Month 2021 and writes:
There are many troubles in the world. Much of the world lives in poverty. There is violence against individuals and groups of people. The climate crisis continues to unfold causing extreme weather events. We are destroying habitats. We are in the midst of a global pandemic.
As Buddhists we can make a compassionate response. Join me in June 2021 for Lion’s Roar: Speaking up for a Troubled World.
This year BAM includes a Europe Day of Action on June 5th. Get the action pack for that below.
Here’s a short video of me introducing this year’s theme.
As soon as the handbook is ready - full of ideas, inspiration and resources - I’ll let you know.
In the meantime here’s what you can do right now.
- Download the European Action Day information pack and join us on June 5th
- Download the Events Planning Guide
- Share the BAM website with your friends
- Start talking to your local centre or group about Buddhist Action Month
- Connect with existing groups that are dedicated to social engagement
- Join the BAM Facebook group
- Browse resources we collected last year
- Look at the BAM resources on Buddhism and the Climate Crisis
- Have a look at the special offer for BAM participants from Ethical Consumer magazine
- Check back on this page for updated resources and the handbook.
- Drop me a line if you want to ask any questions. Email KaspaThompson at bam [at] nbo.org.uk