Creating a Sustainable Buddhist Centre for BAM!On Thu, 14 May, 2015 - 12:25
You may be aware of the new Sustainable Buddhist Centre Certification Scheme, which has 10 points to gain certifcation and for your centre to carry the green buddha logo, listed below.
For any advice or further information do contact Amalaketu at amalaketu [at] rocketmail.com.
I have created a guide and a simple to use energy audit booklet for use at your centre.
The perfect way to celebrate BAM!!
The 10 points are:
1. We have measured the carbon footprint of our Centre and conducted an Energy Audit
2. We have a sustainability champion or kula reporting to the Centre Council taking action
3. We have taken steps to adopting the recommendations of our Energy Audit
4. We have taken steps to become a Fairtrade Centre
5. We have changed the Centre’s electricity supplier to 100% Green Energy
6. We are promoting being vegetarian, and a move towards veganism, at the Centre
7.We are promoting public transport and car-sharing to the Centre and retreats
8. We are moving towards a comprehensive recycling policy in the Centre spreading awareness
9.We are displaying this certificate proudly!
10. We take part in BAM (Buddhist Action Month) and asking our Sangha members to take a personal ‘Green Precept’